CRISP VIDEO GROUP:
GAME CHANGERS SUMMIT 3 – THE CRISP EFFECT CHALLENGE
Official Rules: By participating in the Game Changers Summit 3 Crisp Video Group Inc. Contest (the “The Crisp Effect Challenge”), you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Crisp Video Group Inc. ("Administrator", "Sponsor" and/or “Crisp Video Group”), and these Official Rules shall be binding and final as to all matters related to The Crisp Effect Challenge. By registering a law firm for The Crisp Effect Challenge you warrant and represent that you: (a) own the majority of the equity interest in that law firm and/or have obtained all necessary and/or required authority and permission to submit an Entry of behalf of the law firm in The Crisp Effect Challenge, (b) are a duly authorized representative of that law firm, (c) are legally competent to individually agree to and accept these Official Rules, and (d) are duly authorized to accept and bind the law firm to these Official Rules. The Crisp Effect Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state and local and municipal laws and regulations. Some restrictions apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase necessary for entry.
Eligibility: The Crisp Effect Challenge is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who: (a) are age eighteen (18) as of the date of Registration, (b) have submitted a complete and confirmed registration to participate in this The Crisp Effect Challenge, (c) are the authorized representative of a law firm that has used Crisp Video Group’s services at any time on or before the Submission Deadline, and (d) are physically present at the Game Changers Summit 3 in Atlanta, Georgia (the “Event”) for the announcement of the Contest Winner on or about November 6, 2021 (“Announcement Date”), except as such dates and deadlines may be modified in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to at any time implement new eligibility criteria and/or modify existing eligibility criteria, including, without limitation, geographical and age restrictions.
For more information on the Event, visit www.CrispSummit.com (“Event Website”). For information on how to register and these Official Rules, visit www.CRISPEFFECT.com (“Contest Website”). Please note that the dates and deadlines associated with this The Crisp Effect Challenge are subject to change. Please see the section below entitled “Changes to Dates and Deadlines” for more details and regularly visit the Contest Website for notice of any updates and changes.
Sponsor: The Sponsor of The Crisp Effect Challenge is Crisp Video Group Inc., 2282 Defoor Hills Road, Suite 150, Atlanta, Georgia 30318.
How to Enter: There is no entry fee. First, you must register yourself and your law firm for The Crisp Effect Challenge at any time between December 22, 2020 and July 15, 2021 (the “Entry Period”), except as such dates and deadlines may be modified in accordance with these Official Rules. To register, go to the Contest Website and follow the instructions below under “How to Register”. Complete the registration form, click the box acknowledging your agreement to these Official Rules, and follow the instructions to finalize your registration. Once your registration is complete and confirmed, you (an “Entrant”) will be able to begin submitting content (e.g. video, audio, photographs) or one (1) completed, edited and finalized video not to exceed five (5) minutes in duration (the “Content”) to the Sponsor. You will receive an email from Sponsor with instructions (“Content Submission Instructions”) on how to submit your Content. You must comply with the Content Submission Instructions. The deadline to submit Content is July 16, 2021 at 11:59:59PM Eastern Standard Time (the “Submission Deadline”), except as such dates and deadlines may be modified in accordance with these Official Rules. The entirety of each Entrant’s Content shall constitute a single “Entry” into The Crisp Effect Challenge. Once submitted, Content may not be modified, and no additional Content may be submitted.
Entrant will receive a confirmatory email (“Confirmatory Email”) from Crisp Video Group for the Entry. The Confirmation Email is a receipt for the Entrant’s entry into The Crisp Effect Challenge for the Entry Period and is not eligible for any past or future The Crisp Effect Challenges or promotional events. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per Entrant and one (1) Entrant per law firm. An Entry can only be applied to the Game Changers Summit 3 The Crisp Effect Challenge. Your registration applies only to this The Crisp Effect Challenge for the Entry Period.
Employees, full-time, part-time, temporary and/or seasonal, and their immediate families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of Crisp Video Group, and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies (excluding referral partners and vendor partners), and each of their respective shareholders, employees, affiliates, representatives, agents, board members, successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or participate in The Crisp Effect Challenge. Crisp Video Group has the right to request photo identification from any Entrant in The Crisp Effect Challenge at any time. Each Entrant and the law firm the Entrant represents are subject to these Official Rules.
- Objective. Content submitted by Entrant must demonstrate how, and in what ways, Crisp Video Group has helped the law firm and its principles succeed, achieve growth, improve and transform its business and the general health and life of its principles. All Content uploaded by Entrant must be focused on this objective. All Content shall be uploaded at the Entrant’s sole discretion provided that all Content must comply with these Official Rules.
- Amateur videos and photographs are preferred
- Candid videos and/or photographs shot by law firm staff or by Entrant are preferred
- Except for video and photographs previously produced by Crisp Video Group, other paid or professional video and/or photographs is discouraged.
- The aggregate run time of all video content submitted shall not exceed three (3) hours.
- No written content shall be submitted. Audio/visual Content only.
- All Content uploaded by Entrant shall not exceed 1 terabyte.
- All Content must be submitted in English. If Content is not in English then the Content must be accompanied by English translations and/or English subtitles.
- All Content must be submitted in a compatible digital format.
- Professional assistance in the creation of the Content is discouraged but not prohibited.
- Prohibited Content. Trademarked or copyrighted materials (music, images, words, graphics etc.) incorporated into the Content is prohibited unless the Entrant or the associated law firm own the trademark and/or copyright, or have a valid license to use the material for The Crisp Effect Challenge. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of any permission or license to use all trademarked or copyrighted materials. In addition, Content uploaded by Entrant is subject to removal or deletion, and Entrant may be disqualified from eligibility to participate in The Crisp Effect Content, if:
- Crisp Video Group determines, in its sole and exclusive discretion, that any of the Entrant’s Content contains: (i) hate speech, defined as a direct attack on people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, age, gender, gender identity, immigration status, and serious disease or disability, (ii) violent and graphic content, (iii) nudity or sexual activity and/or (iv) any other images or statements we find objectionable, inappropriate or likely to alter the stated focus of the Content.
- Sponsor becomes aware that any Content uploaded by Entrant up infringes upon the intellectual property rights of another and/or violates another’s privacy rights.
Compilation of Content & Voting:
- Submission of Content. After the Content is submitted by the Entrant, an editor will be randomly assigned to the Entry. Editors are employees of Crisp Video Group. The Editor will organize, compile and arrange the Content into a single video not to exceed five (5) minutes in length. An Editor may organize, compile and arrange the Content for multiple entries and numerous videos. If any Entrant submits for entry a completed, edited and finalized video not greater than five (5) minutes in duration, then the Editor will not modifications to the Entrant’s video except as may be necessary to comply with these Official Rules.
- Editing. Entrant will have an opportunity to review the video and provide the Editor with one (1) round of suggested edits or changes, after which the video will be finalized (the “Contest Video”). Entrant may not submit additional Content after the Submission Deadline.
- Publishing. Once all videos for all entrants in The Crisp Effect Challenge are finalized, each Entrant’s Contest Video will be published online to the general public and a link to the website will be made available via email to all participants in The Crisp Effect Challenge and past and present Crisp Video Group customers.
- Voting. There are two (2) rounds of voting: (a) the Preliminary Round and (b) the Final Round. Except as limited or otherwise prohibited by these Official Rules, the general public, participants in The Crisp Effect Challenge and past and present Crisp Video Group customers will be permitted to vote for their favorite video. Voting will be open and closed as set forth below, except as such dates and deadlines may be modified in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Voting Rounds.
- The Preliminary Round of voting will open not less than thirty (30) days prior to the Announcement Date and will close not earlier than twenty one (21) days prior to the Announcement Date. Voters will be permitted to cast votes for any eligible Contest Videos during the Preliminary Round.
- The Final Round of voting will open not greater than twelve (12) hours from the close of Preliminary Round voting and will close not later than five (5) minutes prior to the time at which the Winner is announced on the Announcement Date. Voters will be permitted to cast votes for the ten (10) Contest Videos that received the greatest number of votes in the Preliminary Round.
- How to Vote. All persons eligible to vote in The Crisp Effect Challenge (each a “Voter”) must visit www.VOTE.CRISPEFFECT.com and follow the instructions to register to vote. Each Voter shall be permitted, but not required, to cast one (1) vote for each Contest Video in the Preliminary Round and Final Round. Voter should vote for the one (1) or more Contest Videos that Voter believes satisfied the Criteria. By registering and participating in this The Crisp Effect Challenge, each Voter agrees to these Official Rules and to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the outcome of the Crisp Effect Challenge.
- Voting Instructions. Once registered, each Voter will receive instructions (the “Voting Instructions”) on how to evaluate and judge the Contest Videos. Detailed Voting Instructions will be available at www.VOTE.CRISPEFFECT.com. Voters should assess and judge each Contest Video based upon the following criteria (the “Criteria”):
- How much of the Contest Video was relevant to the success the law firm realized through its relationship with Crisp Video Group.
- The degree to which the Contest Video demonstrated the business and personal transformation experienced by the law firm and its principle(s);
- The degree of business transformation that the law firm realized;
- How emotionally compelling and engaging the Contest Video was.
- Limitations on Voting. Voting is subject to the following limitations:
- Each Entrant, inclusive of that Entrant’s associated law firm and that law firm’s owners, employees, agents, contractors are permitted to register only one (1) Voter account. Entrant (and the associated law firm’s Contest Video) is subject to disqualification if Sponsor learns that the Entrant and/or any owner, employee, agent, or contractor of the Entrant’s associated law firm has registered more than one (1) Voter account.
- Each unique law firm, inclusive of that law firm's owners, employees, agents, contractors are permitted to register only one (1) Voter account.
Prize: Subject to these Official Rules and in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein, the Official Winner will be awarded a 2017 Rolls Royce Ghost (the “Prize”), exclusive of any and all applicable taxes or fees. Prize value is approximately $305,000. No cash payments will be made. Prize model options and features may vary, and no specific options or features are guaranteed. Official Winner accepts Prize in “as is” condition. Price is not guaranteed to be new. Prize may be new, used or a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Official Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all post-delivery inspections, repairs and maintenances. Prize will be delivered “as is” to the Official Winner at their residence within the 50 United States and District of Columbia within 6-10 weeks of Official Winner verification. Official Winner is not responsible for normal delivery costs. The Prize has been previously driven and used for publicity purposes by Sponsor.
The Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitution of Prize is permitted. Prize cannot be split amongst multiple parties. Any attempted or completed transfer, sale or assignment of the right to claim a Prize shall be automatically void and a violation of these Official Rules. Prize may not be transferred or assigned and must be accepted as is and as awarded.
Awarding of Prize: The Prize will be awarded only if all the following conditions are satisfied: (a) the Game Changers Summit 3 is held, (b) at least fifty (50) eligible Entries are received, the Winner is physically present at the Event location on the Announcement Date and at the time of Announcement.
The Winner will be announced (the “Announcement”) at the Event on the Announcement Date at a specific time to be determined on or before the Announcement Date, except as such dates and deadlines may be modified in accordance with these Official Rules. The only prize to be awarded at the Game Changers Summit 3, pursuant to these Official Rules, is the Prize identified above.
You must periodically check the Contest Website for more information on the precise date and time of the Announcement. You are advised to check the Contest Website for updated information between 9AM and 10AM EST on the Announcement Date.
Prize will only be officially awarded and delivered to the Official Winner. There shall be only one (1) Official Winner. The Official Winner must satisfy all of the following conditions: (a) be an eligible, verified and not disqualified Entrant, (b) be one (1) of ten (10) Entrants whose Contest Video received the greatest number of validly cast votes in the Preliminary Round, (c) be the Entrant whose Contest Video received the greatest number of validly cast votes in the Final Round, and (d) Entrant or Entrant’s designated proxy be physically present at the Event location on the Announcement Date and make him/herself known to Sponsor within three (3) minutes of the actual time of Announcement to claim the Prize. If the announced winner fails to satisfy all of the aforementioned terms and conditions, then the Entrant whose Contest Video received the next greatest number of votes cast in the Final Round will be announced as the winner until an Official Winner is able to claim the Prize.
In the event there is a tie between two (2) or more Entrants whose Contest Videos receive the greatest number of validly cast votes in the Final Round, then, between those tying Entrants, the winner will be the Entrant whose Contest Video received the greatest number of validly cast votes in both the Preliminary and Final Rounds. In the event that there remains a tie, then, between those tying Entrants, the winner will be determined by coin toss where the Entrant who registered his/her Entrant account first in time will be permitted to choose heads or tails. The coin toss shall be administered by any of Sponsor’s staff.
General Rules: By participating in The Crisp Effect Challenge, each Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the voting results. The Crisp Effect Challenge will be conducted by Crisp Video Group. Official Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, and title fees. Official Winner may be required to show proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license prior to delivery and/or Official Winner taking possession of the Prize. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Crisp Effect Challenge is void where prohibited. The Official Winner must be in compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Official Winner is required to complete, date, sign and, where indicated, notarize, an Affidavit of Eligibility, the Release of Liability, and all necessary tax forms, and deliver same to Sponsor as a condition of and prior to Prize delivery and taking possession of the Prize.
Official Winner assumes all responsibility for any state, county, municipal, local, or federal taxes, fees and withholdings. Federal, state, county, municipal and/or local withholding laws are subject to change without notice. Official Winners who are non-resident aliens for tax purposes will be subject to all applicable tax, tax withholding and reporting requirements.
Official Winner may waive the right to receive a Prize at any time prior to taking delivery of the Prize, at which time the Prize will be forfeited and reclaimed by Crisp Video Group. Any unclaimed or rejected Prize will be retained by Sponsor.
In the event that an Official Winner: (a) is ruled ineligible for any reason at the sole and exclusive discretion of Sponsor; (b) refuses, rejects, fails or is unable to accept delivery of the Prize; (c) does not deliver to Sponsor the completed, dated, signed and, where indicated, notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and all necessary tax forms; or (d) Sponsor is unable to effect delivery to the Official Winner due to circumstances not in Sponsor’s control and/or a Force Majeure Event then the Prize will be deemed forfeited by the Official Winner and will be retained by Sponsor.
Official Winner agrees to any and all terms and conditions associated with the dealer’s and/or manufacturer’s Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
Official Winners List: To obtain the name of the Official Winner, you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Crisp Video Group Inc., Attn: Game Changers Summit 3 Contest Winners, 1874 Defoor Ave NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30318.
Release of Liability: By participating in The Crisp Effect Challenge, each Entrant and Voter agrees to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue and indemnify Sponsor, Crisp Video Group, Inc., 1874 Defoor Ave NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30318, its parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with their respective owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors, promotors, advertisers, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in, or while preparing to participate in, The Crisp Effect Challenge.
Indemnification. By participating in The Crisp Effect Challenge, each Entrant, on behalf of himself/herself/itself and his/her/its associated law firm, together with their respective heirs, assigns, successors, owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents (each an Indemnifying Party” and collectively the “Indemnifying Parties”) agree to (a) be bound by these Official Rules and (b) jointly and severally indemnify and hold the Sponsor and Sponsor’s parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with their respective owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors, promotors, advertisers, and agents respective successors, assigns, employees, affiliates and agents (each an “Indemnified Party” and collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liabilities, obligations, damages, injuries, penalties, claims, demands, actions, suits, judgments and any and all costs, expenses or disbursements (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), of whatsoever kind and nature imposed on, asserted against or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties in any way relating to or arising out of any Indemnifying Party’s: (a) use or alleged unlawful use in any Content of another’s intellectual property, (b) use or alleged unlawful use in any Content of another’s image, name or likeness and/or (c) violation or alleged violation of another’s privacy rights.
Publicity Release: Each Entrant grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees, assignees, agents and affiliates, full right, license and permission to use all Content submitted for advertising, trade, marketing, promotional and informational purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Internet in perpetuity. Each Entrant grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees, assignees, agents and affiliates, full right, license and permission to use the name, photograph, voice, and likeness of Entrant, the law firm associated with Entrant’s Content, and any and all employees, contractors, agents and other persons who appear in Entrant’s Content. Entrant further warrants and represents that Entrant has obtained written permission and transferrable license to use the name, photograph, images, voice and likeness of all persons who appear in any of Entrant’s Content.
Disclaimers: Crisp Video Group, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who: tampers or attempts to tamper with the registration, Entry and/or voting process; interferes with the proper function of Sponsor’s website; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Crisp Video Group further reserves the right to permanently cancel, terminate, delay, or modify The Crisp Effect Challenge or any part thereof, for any reason, including, but not limited to: a Force Majeure Event and/or a reasonable inability to plan, prepare for or complete the Event as intended; tampering; unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort and/or fraud. In the event of a cancellation, termination, delay or modification of the Event or any part thereof, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may, but is not obligated to, choose to award the Prize based on the number of votes cast prior to the date of such cancellation or termination. In the event of a delay in the Contest, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may, but is not obligated to, modify any and all time periods, dates, and/or deadlines.
Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or submissions caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in The Crisp Effect Challenge or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Registrations, Entries, Content, Contest Videos and/or votes. Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) Entries, Content, Contest Videos and/or votes which are lost, stolen, the result of fraud or interference, improperly issued, printing errors, counterfeited, illegible, given away, and altered or subject to other deficiencies which may limit the ability to participate in or win The Crisp Effect Challenge; (2) Registrations, Entries, Content submissions, Contest Videos or votes that are delayed, misdirected, undelivered, not fully captured, or garbled in a ISP, website, computer, telephone, cable or satellite modem or connection, handheld mobile device or any other computer equipment or connection, whether or not caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by viruses, worms or malfunctions affecting network, server ISP or any equipment or programming used in or associated with The Crisp Effect Challenge; (3) any participant’s transportation to or from the Event before, after or at the time of the Announcement; (4) any other errors of any kind, whether human, typographical, printing, mechanical, or electronic in nature which relates to The Crisp Effect Challenge, including without limitation, errors in The Crisp Effect Challenge related materials or in the administration of The Crisp Effect Challenge, such as errors in processing Registrations, Entries, Content, Contest Videos and/or votes, counting votes, determining winners, announcements, or delivery of Prizes. In the event that any portion of The Crisp Effect Challenge is compromised, then Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion, to permanently cancel, delay, modify or terminate The Crisp Effect Challenge. Released Parties make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaim any implied warranty. All amendments, modifications or waiver of these Official Rules must be in writing and posted by Sponsor to the Contest Website. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Waiver of any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any other provision.
ARBITRATION. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. ARBITRATION REPLACES THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO A JURY AND THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR SIMILAR PROCEEDING. IN ARBITRATION, A DISPUTE IS RESOLVED BY AN ARBITRATOR INSTEAD OF A JUDGE OR JURY. ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN ANY ENTRANT, VOTER AND/OR PARTICIPANT AND SPONSOR ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR THE CRISP EFFECT CHALLENGE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE INTERPRETATION OR CONSTRUCTION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT (A “DISPUTE”) WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION. THE ARBITRATION, INCLUDING THE SELECTING OF THE ARBITRATOR, WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY THE ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVIDER AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) PURSUANT TO THE AAA’S COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES (THE "RULES") BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AGREED ON BY THE PARTIES WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE ARBITRATION. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (TITLE 9 OF THE U.S. CODE). EITHER PARTY MAY INITIATE THE ARBITRATION PROCESS BY FILING THE NECESSARY FORMS WITH AAA. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE HELD IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA. THE PARTIES WILL EXCHANGE NON-PRIVILEGED INFORMATION RELEVANT TO THE DISPUTE BEING ARBITRATED. YOU MAY BE REPRESENTED BY LEGAL COUNSEL OF YOUR CHOICE IN CONNECTION WITH THE ARBITRATION, AT YOUR COST. THE PARTY THAT INITIATES THE ARBITRATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FILING FEE. EACH PARTY SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE-HALF OF THE ARBITRATION FEES. EACH PARTY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RESPECTIVE ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS EXCEPT THAT THE PARTY PREVAILING IN THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER ITS ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS FROM THE NON-PREVAILING PARTY.
DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE NAME OF AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON OR ENTITY AND MUST PROCEED ON AN INDIVIDUAL (NON-CLASS, NON-REPRESENTATIVE) BASIS. THE ARBITRATOR WILL NOT AWARD RELIEF FOR OR AGAINST ANYONE WHO IS NOT A PARTY. IF EITHER PARTY ARBITRATES A DISPUTE, NEITHER PARTY, OR ANY OTHER PERSON, MAY PURSUE THE DISPUTE IN ARBITRATION AS A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, NOR MAY ANY SUCH DISPUTE BE PURSUED ON BEHALF OF EITHER PARTY IN ANY LITIGATION IN ANY COURT. CLAIMS REGARDING ANY DISPUTE AND REMEDIES SOUGHT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION ARE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL (NON-CLASS, NON-REPRESENTATIVE) BASIS, AND THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL (NON-CLASS, NON-REPRESENTATIVE) BASIS. THIS MEANS THAT THE ARBITRATION MAY NOT ADDRESS DISPUTES INVOLVING OTHER PERSONS WITH DISPUTES SIMILAR TO THE DISPUTES BETWEEN ENTRANT AND SPONSOR.
THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO AWARD ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE REMEDY OR RELIEF THAT A COURT COULD ORDER OR GRANT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF GEORGIA AND SUBJECT TO THIS AGREEMENT AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE ARBITRATOR, HOWEVER, IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE OR ALTER THE TERMS HEREOF OR THEREOF OR TO MAKE ANY AWARD THAT WOULD EXTEND TO ANY TRANSACTION OTHER THAN THAT CONTEMPLATED HEREBY. ALL STATUTES OF LIMITATIONS THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO ANY DISPUTE SHALL APPLY TO ANY ARBITRATION BETWEEN THE PARTIES HERETO. THE ARBITRATOR WILL ISSUE A DECISION OR AWARD IN WRITING, BRIEFLY STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS OF FACT AND CONCLUSIONS OF LAW.
BECAUSE THE PARTIES HERETO HAVE AGREED TO ARBITRATE ALL DISPUTES NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT DISPUTE IN COURT, OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT DISPUTE, OR ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED FOR IN THE RULES OF THE ARBITRATOR. FURTHER, ENTRANT AND ENTRANT’S AGENTS, HEIRS, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVES WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF ANY CLASS PERTAINING TO ANY DISPUTE. THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON THE PARTIES AND MAY BE ENTERED AND ENFORCED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT IT IS SUBJECT TO REVIEW IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW GOVERNING ARBITRATION AWARDS. OTHER RIGHTS THAT EITHER PARTY WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY ALSO NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
Force Majeure. In no event shall the Sponsor be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation: strikes; work stoppages; accidents; acts of war; acts of terrorism; acts of God; civil or military disturbances; a state of emergency instituted by the State of Georgia or United States of America; government orders or mandates; widespread viral or bacterial disease; viral or bacterial pandemic; COVID-19 or SARS-Cov-2 or any precursor, successor or mutation of the SARS-Cov-2 or COVID-19 virus; any disease or infection caused by the SARS-Cov-2 or COVID-19 virus, the combination of SARS-Cov-2 or COVID-19 and any other viral, bacterial or other disease; any natural disaster; nuclear catastrophes; interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services; and/or any occurrence or event that directly or indirectly causes Sponsor’s Event-related gross input costs to rise more than fifteen percent (15%) (each a “Force Majeure Event”); it being understood that the Sponsor shall use reasonable efforts to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
Governing Law: Nothing in this Governing Law section shall amend or modify the Arbitration clause set forth above. The Crisp Effect Challenge and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Other: If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render the same valid and enforceable and these Official Rules will be construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law as if such provision had been originally incorporated herein as so modified or restricted, or as if such provision had not been originally incorporated herein, as the case may be.